DATA VISUALISATION & GRAPHICS
We bring science closer to the public. We take publicly available data on natural ecosystems, pollution, carbon emissions etc.. and re-elaborate it in a more visually impactful way to reach a larger audience.
Earth.Org is seeking motivated contributors to contribute to our data visualisation effort. International applicants welcomed, as well as applicants wishing to work remotely.
This is a unique opportunity to gain insight into the workings of a dynamic social enterprise with big ambitions based in Hong Kong.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create powerful, engaging, striking graphics that tell a story. The research team will provide directions.
● Deliverables include: interactive graphic elements, forecasts derived by data amalgamation
● Work closely with other team members to understand deliverables
● Help source and normalise datasets to produce the graphics
● Find creative visual solutions to hard data issues. Make the story stand out!
● We want a problem solver who can generate ideas and turn them into concrete actions, independently and entrepreneurially
● Grow an ambitious fact-based and data-oriented NGO
● A fast-paced working environment that lets you grow day by day
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Sincere interest in environmental issues
● Bachelor degree or above in Graphic Design or computer science
● Curiosity is a must-have characteristic in order to work with us
● Entrepreneurship or early stage experience in an international organisation, NGO or growth-stage company is a significant plus
● Analytical skills and quick thinking a must
● Ability to transform ideas into clever, thought-provoking image-based storytelling
● A good team player, with excellent communication skills, detailed minded and well organised
● Fluency in English is essential
● Practical sense, as a small yet growing firm, we have to do everything ourselves
● Tableau certification (desirable)
● Experience in Agile environment
● Experience with R, GIS, AWS or Google Earth Engine (a plus)