The Editor in Chief, who will be based in Hong Kong, is responsible for everything that appears on the website and overseeing the day-to-day operations of a team of contributing writers.
The role involves generating story ideas; planning, assigning and editing content; overseeing spending; commissioning stories; overseeing production schedules and editorial calendars; and supervising editorial staff and freelancers.
The candidate must love the environment and good quality content.
The role also includes the following:
- Ensuring each contributor delivers what is expected of them
- Providing productive feedback to contributors, of whether something is great and/or can be improved
- Following up with content if it has not been posted up – encourage, motivate and provide guidance
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the publication
- Editing articles
- Suggesting ideas, assigning articles and keeping the team on schedule.
- Coordinates the production schedule for the publication, coordinating with all the key positions (writers/reporters, photographers, graphic designers, layout producers) to hammer out dates for each stage of production.
- – Degree in English Literature, Journalism, Media Studies or other relevant degrees
- – Superb command of the English language
- – Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- – A gritty can-do attitude is essential
- – Strong planning and organizing capabilities and good time management
- – Be at ease in a fast-pace and multicultural environment