This person will lead the content publishing effort. The Managing Editor will recruit and manage contributors. Edit articles. Decide the story mix. Direct data visualisation and mapping work. The candidate must passionately care about protecting the environment.
- Be the driving force in creating an environmental news organisation.
- Be a part of something from the beginning.
- Create powerful messages aimed at altering policy-making towards full sustainability
- Nurture & expand a network of volunteer contributors working in-house and remotely
- Provide constructive feedback and editorial guidance
- Edit website & social media content
- Coordinate and drive the production output
- Superb command of the English language
- MUST have right to work in Hong Kong
- Extrovert and approachable character with a gritty can-do attitude
- Ability to inspire others and work independently
- Degree in Journalism, English Literature, Environmental Studies, Media Studies or other relevant fields
- A passion for writing
- Strong planning and organising capabilities and good time management
- Be at ease in a fast-pace and multicultural environment
- Can suit recent graduate