Social entrepreneur Stan Shea, wildlife warrior and Marine Director of BLOOM Association is giving an exclusive talk on his fight to protect ocean biodiversity. BLOOM fought and won major policy victories in the EU and Hong Kong. It is an example of how a small association can make a difference.
This will be a relaxed fireside chat; a 20 minutes interview followed by 40 minutes of Q&A with a small & engaged audience.
Topics we’ll cover:
• HK as a global crossroad of illegal wildlife trade
• Fighting Wildlife Crime: A first hand report
• How to change societal attitudes? Tangible steps & examples
• Insider tips on how to make real impact and be a driver of policy change
Years at the forefront of HK’s environmental movement have made Stan a renowned figure in the global fight for marine protection. An avid diver, Stan is notably an author of numerous researches on shark fin and seafood trade. He is also one of the editors of the Hong Kong Register of Marine Species.
• A social entrepreneur or aspiring to become one?
• Concerned about protecting marine ecosystems
• An enthusiast concerned about Hong Kong’s disastrous environmental record?
Then this is a talk you need to come to!
About BLOOM: BLOOM is a non-profit organisation founded in 2005 that works to preserve the marine environment and species from unnecessary destruction and to increase social benefits in the fishing sector. BLOOM wages awareness and advocacy campaigns in order to accelerate the adoption of concrete solutions for the oceans, humans and the climate. BLOOM carries out scientific research projects, independent studies and evaluations that highlight crucial and unaddressed issues such as the financing mechanisms of the fishing sector. BLOOM’s actions are meant for the general public as well as policy-makers and economic stakeholders.