Earth.Org is seeking volunteer contributors who are passionate about the environment and want to write about it. The role of Writer is to produce written pieces in English for Earth.Org on topics aligned with the its mission. Themes include but are not limited to: climate change, environmental degradation, use of technology for environmental monitoring, rising sea levels, melting ice caps, impoverishment of marine and terrestrial biodiversity.
We are looking for someone with strong and confident writing skills. It’s a unique opportunity to shape the image of a new organisation with quality content.
He/She would be expected to work independently, exercise sound editorial judgement and pitch original content ideas to the Editor.
Tasks & Responsibilities
– Producing thoughtful, engaging and compelling pieces
– Researching, collating and synthesising topical articles aligned with Earth.Org’s mission
-Interviewing visiting experts
-Transcribing or video-recording interviews
-Rewriting material so that it flows better and adheres to the house style and tone
-Proofreading and fact-checking
– Candidate must be genuinely interested in the environment and related topics
– Degree in English Literature, Journalism, Media Studies or other relevant degrees
– Excellent research skills and superb command of the english language
– Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision