Location: Hong Kong
Start date: As soon as possible
Are you smart, gritty and exude a can-do attitude? Do you want to contribute your AI skills to build a visionary tool to make the World more sustainable? Then apply to Earth.Org. We are seeking an entrepreneurial machine learning graduate to join a young and dynamic team in Hong Kong.
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We believe in the power of technology to address global issues. Earth.Org through its flagship Natural Capital Ledger project will monitor the Earth’s health through satellite image mapping and derive insights into humanity’s encroachment on natural ecosystems by analysing changes in the environment over time.
● Gain insight into the workings of a dynamic social enterprise with big ambitions
● Grow an ambitious fact-based and data-oriented NGO
● Work in a fast-paced working environment that lets you grow day by day
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas
● Work in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Develop algorithms for image machine processing able to detect patterns across vast amounts of satellite image data
● Help the team correlate chromatic changes to environmental indicators
● Ability to project results onto GIS maps
● Degree in Computer Science with experience in machine learning techniques applied to image processing or computer vision
● Degrees in other related fields, including advanced mathematics, physics, and AI will be considered as long as they accompany an advanced understanding of machine learning techniques
● Previous experience in working with remote-sensing technology a definite plus
● Technical familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is desirable
● Ability to work with remote sensing specialists and have experience with frequentist and Baysesian statistics is a plus
● Experience with R, Python, Java Script, Bash is highly desirable
● Candidates with experience running multiple machine learning model ensembles, using a variety of gradient boosting, neural networks, random forests and variations on linear regressions will be preferred
● Spatial extrapolations will be essential, including variations of Kriging, Universal Kriging etc.
● Excellent command of the English language is essential
● Proven ability to work under pressure in a multicultural, multi-site environment
● To apply please use the form below along with expected salary and availability
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you!