Location: Hong Kong or Remote
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3-6 months (or longer)
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteer (unpaid) book review writers who love words and nature. Book reviews must be submitted within three weeks of agreeing to do them, and the review must be about 400-500 words. Themes include (but are not limited to): climate change, sustainability, environmental degradation, use of technology for environmental monitoring, rising sea levels, melting ice caps, impoverishment of marine and terrestrial biodiversity.
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We aim to raise awareness about the loss of biodiversity and the deteriorating conditions of natural ecosystems worldwide. Our goal is to present accessible and engaging content for educational, advocacy and policy purposes.
● Become a global reference point for online environmental book reviews and analyses
● Learn and write about the environmental issues you care about the most
● Build a reputation as a reliable source of factual information
● Strengthen your online portfolio on a reputable platform for a good cause
● Have your work circulate via our website, social media platforms and newsletters
● Sharpen your writing skills by receiving feedback from our experienced editors
● Bring Science closer to our readers with a clear and engaging prose
● Become a member of a worldwide community of vetted high-caliber writers
● Read, research, collate and synthesise book reviews and lists of best literature to read content aligned with Earth.org’s mission
● Producing informative and compelling pieces on the environmental books of our day
● Enhance public understanding of the issue at hand by breaking down complexity and minting a clear prose free of obscure acronyms and jargon
● Give the reader information that lets him/her in want of more similar content
● Undergraduate degree in any field
● Good command of the English language
● Ability to discern and utilise relevant and appropriate sources
● Quick turnaround time, while prioritising quality of work
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
Please also attach 2 pieces of book review writing on an environmental publication of your choosing, following our Editorial Guidelines.
We look forward to hearing from you!