Location: Hong Kong
Start date: As soon as possible
Earth.Org is seeking a motivated professional to create and lead a small Data Visualisation team. We are looking for a problem solver who can generate ideas and turn them into concrete actions, independently and entrepreneurially. International applicants welcomed.
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We aim to raise awareness about the loss of biodiversity and the deteriorating conditions of natural ecosystems worldwide. Our goal is to present accessible and engaging content for educational, advocacy and policy purposes.
● Unique opportunity to gain insight into the workings of a data-oriented and fact-based NGO with big ambitions based in Hong Kong
● A fast-paced working environment that lets you grow day by day
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Create powerful, engaging, striking graphics that tell a story (the research team will provide directions)
● Deliverables include: interactive graphic elements, forecasts derived by data amalgamation
● Work closely with other team members to understand deliverables
● Help source and normalise datasets to produce the graphics
● Find creative visual solutions to hard data issues. Make the story stand out!
● Perform other duties as may be required by the circumstances
● Sincere interest in environmental issues
● Bachelor degree or above in Graphic Design or computer science
● Entrepreneurship or early stage experience in an international organisation, NGO or growth-stage company is a significant plus
● Analytical skills and quick thinking a must
● Ability to transform ideas into clever, thought-provoking image-based storytelling – this can also include video editing skills
● Fluency in English is essential
● Practical sense, curious and creative
● Tableau certification (desirable)
● Experience in Agile environment
● Experience with R, GIS, AWS or Google Earth Engine (a plus)
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you!