Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3-6 months (or longer)
Earth.Org is seeking motivated and hard-working individuals to contribute to our data visualisation effort on a volunteer (unpaid) basis.
International applicants welcomed, as well as applicants wishing to work remotely.
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We bring science closer to the public. We take publicly available data on natural ecosystems, pollution, carbon emissions etc. and re-elaborate it in a more visually impactful way to reach and inform a larger audience.
● Grow an ambitious fact-based and data-oriented NGO
● A fast-paced working environment that lets you grow day by day
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Create powerful, engaging, striking graphics that tell a story. The research team will provide directions
● Deliverables include: interactive graphic elements, forecasts derived by data amalgamation
● Work closely with other team members to understand deliverables
● Help source and normalise datasets to produce the graphics
● Find creative visual solutions to hard data issues. Make the story stand out!
● We want a problem solver who can generate ideas and turn them into concrete actions, independently and entrepreneurially
● Sincere interest in environmental issues
● Bachelor degree or above in Graphic Design or computer science
● Curiosity and creativity is a must-have, as well as a hands-on mentality
● Analytical skills and quick thinking a must
● Ability to transform ideas into clever, thought-provoking image-based storytelling
● Team player, with excellent communication skills, detailed minded and well organised
● Fluency in English is essential
● Tableau certification (desirable)
● Experience with R, GIS, AWS or Google Earth Engine (a plus)
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you!