Location: Hong Kong
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3-6 months (or longer)
We are looking for a dedicated individual with extensive knowledge on environmental policies and economics to provide research inputs for our editorial and data science content on a volunteer/ unpaid basis. With policies and economics being big factors within the climate fight, it is important to highlight these aspects in an accurate and accessible manner. If you are someone who cares deeply about the environment with an understanding of international relations and economics, this role is for you!
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We aim to raise awareness about the loss of biodiversity and the deteriorating conditions of natural ecosystems worldwide. Our goal is to present accessible and engaging content for educational, advocacy and policy purposes.
● Gain insight into the workings of a dynamic social enterprise with big ambitions
● Grow an ambitious fact-based and data-oriented NGO
● Work in a fast-paced working environment that lets you grow day by day
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Research, collate and synthesise content on environmental policies and economics aligned with Earth.Org’s mission
● Draft op-eds focused on international relations and economics
● Work on special delivery projects where engaging written outcomes are expected
● Edit website & social media content as directed by the Editor or Management
● Lively, confident, bubbly personality that is able to bring good ideas into fruition.
● Candidate must have a genuine interest in nature and Earth.Org’s mission
● Degree in Environmental Science and Policy, Politics, Economics, International Relations, Media Studies, Journalism, or other relevant degrees
● Good command of the English language essential
● Strong planning and organizing capabilities and good time management
● Be at ease in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
● Practical sense, as a small yet growing firm, we have to do everything ourselves
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you!