Start date: As soon as possible
Earth.Org is looking for volunteer (unpaid) Research Volunteers who are passionate about protecting the environment. The Research department at Earth.Org produces fact-driven reports on the state of natural ecosystems worldwide. We are concerned with biodiversity decline, pollution, climate change as well as the socio-economic repercussions of natural capital deterioration.
Earth.Org is a not-for-profit environmental organisation based in Hong Kong. We aim to raise awareness about the loss of biodiversity and the deteriorating conditions of natural ecosystems worldwide. Our goal is to present accessible and engaging content for educational, advocacy and policy purposes.
● Be part of a young, innovative think tank with a mission to inform the world with science-based insights
● Opportunity to work in a geo-spatial analytics enterprise that seeks to turn satellite information into compelling narratives
● Create powerful messages aimed at altering policy making towards full sustainability
● Be exposed to a start-up ethos where there is lots of work and lots of learning
● Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivated team of people with a diverse range of backgrounds
● Opportunity to join the team full-time for top performers
● Research and deliver thoughtful pieces on topics related to Earth.Org mission
● Work on special delivery projects where engaging written outcomes are expected
● Edit website & social media content as directed by the Editor or Management
● Superb command of the English language
● Extrovert and approachable character with a gritty can-do attitude
● Ability to work independently
● Degree in Journalism, English Literature, Environmental Studies, Media Studies, Policy or other related disciplines
● A passion for writing
● Strong planning and organizing capabilities and good time management
● Be at ease in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, please get in touch with the recruitment team by filling out the box below.
We look forward to hearing from you!